We’ve all heard the classic teacher Jurassic joke before – you know the one we’re talking about, right?
“Teaching is like a walk in the park – Jurassic park.”
Yeah, that’s the one. What makes it so cringing is the accuracy that it bears to the classroom sometimes. These days, we don’t have just one type of student sitting in front of us; we have a whole jungle of different species to contend with!
To help you navigate the wild world of the modern classroom, we’ve put together a guidebook of the many different breeds you may come across on your journey.
1. The “you don’t impress me much” students
2. The “I’m going to distract everyone by being funny” student
3. The enthusiastic “we LOVE school” students
4. The “could you explain that one more time” students
5. The nosy “tell me EVERYTHING” student
6. The “never not yawning” students
7. The "so damn distracted" student
8. The “always have something to say” students
9. The “you don’t see me sneak in” latecomer students
10. The over-enthusiastic “pick me, pick me” know it all student
11. The "I'm totally judging you" student
12. The "always preening" sassy student
And then there is you...
About our Writer
Digital Marketing Executive
With a background in social media management and editorial writing for jewellery and gemological education, Sarah is the Digital Marketing Executive at Opogo.
Sarah has extensive experience in facilitating the sourcing of industry research, editing copy, writing web content and utilising social media to secure an ever-growing social audience.
Sarah is the voice of Opogo across all our social channels.